Monday, November 17, 2014

Cos: Silent Stand-Up

Muhammad Rasheed - Bill Cosby is NOT Richard Pryor. He's not going to talk about his negative personal issues with you. Are you kidding? He didn't want to discus his son's death, and the public was 100% sympathetic with him on that. Stop expecting him to open up about that other thing in public the way Pryor would have. That will not happen. 

Pryor would've been 110% candid with you, and even would've worked it into his art. Cosby has always been the polar opposite of that, cut from the Black Elitist cloth, and doesn't believe in "airing dirty laundry."

Muhammad Rasheed - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/.../bill-cosby-sexual...

Rick Drew - I have to respect Cosby. He broke a lot of barriers, was popular with all viewers and pretty well spoke to everyone.  He has an image and wants to maintain that. What's wrong with that and why all the attacks? The American public just loves to see people fail - or seen - gasp - fallible.

Muhammad Rasheed - 1.) They want to see the wealthy and influential punished for their crimes the same as the lower classes are.

2.) Cosby's rants against the bad behaviors of the low class blacks make these allegations... if true... a strong hypocrisy, and many people who sided with those low class blacks against him WANT the allegations to be true.

3.) The feminists want to see a male figure manage to NOT escape his punishment if the allegations are true (and possibly even if they aren't true just to make an example of him).

Rick Drew - Plus values have changed. Cosby is to "clean" and mild for today. Sadly.

Muhammad Rasheed - Well, that would be part of the hypocrisy angle.  People want the allegations to be true so they can make fun and bash him for the now perceived fake "clean & mild" image he projects.

Todd Holland - And there is ALWAYS time to destroy the image of Black men. That's why I refuse to play along with this crap. If it wasn't bad enough to press some charges when it could be PROVEN,it's not bad enough now. I'm not mad at Cosby for saying that Black folks need to pull up our collective pants,and get our shit together. Someone that loves you corrects you,someone that wants your downfall lets you sink into the muck.

Muhammad Rasheed - Just because he may have done some wrong things, doesn't mean he's wrong about everything he ever said.

But some people (The 'Blaming the Victim' crowd) genuinely took offense at him telling them to get their shit together, and want him to burn for it.

Todd Holland - And even if they burn him,they'll still be in their same jacked up situation,following Nicki Minal,Jay Z, and Weezy.

Jeremy Travis - So he can chastise people about their behaviors but no one can chastise him for being silent while having all of these rape allegations against him?

I agree with what he said, to a degree, but he can't run around with all of these allegations, having paid off at least one chick, and then act like this shit isn't real and didn't happen while at the same time telling other Black people to get THEIR shit together. We all can stand to improve something about ourselves, and it is that recognition of mutual imperfection that should tell a serial rapist to calm the fuck down on the chastisement and ridicule of others for their shortcomings.

Wallace Heard Jr. - dipped his spoon into the wrong pudding..

Muhammad Rasheed - Jeremy Travis wrote: "So he can chastise people about their behaviors but no one can chastise him for being silent while having all of these rape allegations against him?"

I'm not saying you can't chastise him for it.  I'm saying, based on his style and personal philosophy as a text book Black Elitist, don't expect that silence to be broken, and certainly don't be surprised that he is taking the "none of your business" stance.

Jeremy Travis wrote: "I agree with what he said, to a degree, but he can't run around with all of these allegations, having paid off at least one chick, and then act like this shit isn't real and didn't happen while at the same time telling other Black people to get THEIR shit together."

The difference is that the people he criticized routinely do all of their mess in the streets for everyone to see.  That's a fundamental problem for the way he sees the world.  By contrast, "allegations" means no one knows anything for sure except the people directly involved.   Paying someone off just as easily means you only don't want a public legal circus smearing your name, as it can mean you admit it.

Jeremy Travis wrote: "We all can stand to improve something about ourselves, and it is that recognition of mutual imperfection that should tell a serial rapist to calm the fuck down on the chastisement and ridicule of others for their shortcomings."

His real message -- if these allegations are true -- is to be old school and do your dirt discretely.

Jeremy Travis - Then his real message is shit. There is no way in anybody's hell that public displays of class-trapping ignorance are greater than private rapes. I'd much rather a person wear their pants down to their ankles and speak so incoherently as to make one think they're having a stroke if the alternative was that they drug chicks and have sex with their unconscious bodies.

And to think, this muthafucka has FOUR DAUGHTERS!

Muhammad Rasheed - I'll wait until we find out if the allegations are actually true first before I'm ready to press the caps lock.

Muhammad Rasheed - If they are then I'll agree with you.

Craig Bluntmindthepoet Hargrove - Cosby know how the media is, they like to twist shit around, and misqoute him or anyone. He don't need to say anything silence is golden, but then again it also can be a  bad if you're not defending yourself

Jeremy Travis - To a degree, I'm willing to wait it out as well, but I think that were I in a similar situation, I'd want to address the issue of multiple women who were calling me a rapist, as opposed to paying one of them off and being silent about the rest. You ain't accusing me of shit that I didn't do, especially something as heinous as rape, and think I'm just gonna dummy-up about it. He did SOMETHING, he may as well come clean about it.

Craig Bluntmindthepoet Hargrove - In this age you can say one thing and everyone will flip it around

Jeremy Travis - Silence is golden, unless you're not defending yourself?

What?!

Craig Bluntmindthepoet Hargrove - Its works 50/50, u can be silence but then again it can backfire is what I'm saying

Craig Bluntmindthepoet Hargrove - There a guilty conscious if you're not saying anything in a serious case but then again media can flip shit around if you do say something.

Muhammad Rasheed - Jeremy Travis wrote: "To a degree, I'm willing to wait it out as well, but I think that were I in a similar situation, I'd want to address the issue of multiple women who were calling me a rapist, as opposed to paying one of them off and being silent about the rest."

You're not a Black Elitist.  If he remains silent the public will gossip and speculate all to their hearts' content, but they will never know.  "Nigga you did SOMETHING!  I just don't know what..."

But if he gives them anything at all, innocent or guilty it can be a weapon.  That's a lesson that MJ learned too late.  Plus it's highly possible his legal team advised him not to say anything publicly as well, which only reinforced his preferred stance anyway.

Craig Bluntmindthepoet Hargrove - ^ worded it better then me

Jeremy Travis - No, never be silent when serious allegations are brought against you. If the allegations are true, then you confess. If they are false, then you defend yourself and present the truth.

I can't think of a good reason to be silent when serious allegations are brought against you.

Muhammad Rasheed - Talking about a pending court case can potentially damage your case, and even have you in contempt of court.

Jeremy Travis - The problem he's having is that he's not being completely quiet, he just won't talk about the allegations. It's pretty ri-damn-diculous to walk around like ain't shit happened, have a retarded-ass PR team ask social media to 'meme' him, and then expect to remain silent about the major issue that everyone wants to ask him about now.

He is truly old school if he thinks that shit won't see the light of day simply because he didn't say anything about it.

Muhammad Rasheed - It'll see the light of day because it's going to court.  lol

Muhammad Rasheed - Jeremy Travis wrote: "The problem he's having is that he's not being completely quiet, he just won't talk about the allegations."

He's completely quiet on the parts of his life he has no interest in sharing, while continuing to live his life.  He'll let the court verdict speak for him on that other thing.

Jeremy Travis - It's going NOW, but before this case was in the works, he was still acting like it didn't happen. If he wants to remain silent pending the case, then fine, say THAT. But if that's the case then he should just fade into the darkness until the case comes up, because no one wants to talk to him about anything else more than they want to talk about those allegations.

Todd Holland - What's going to court?? From what i understand all of this mess is past the statute of limitations. If that's the case IF he did something the ONLY way it's a problem for him is if he was to confess.This is all court of public opinion crap.

Muhammad Rasheed - ^And there ya go.

Jeremy Travis - Also, that bit about not airing dirty laundry can't be true if he was airing the dirty laundry of other people. He just doesn't want to air his own laundry. Fuck that! Your shit is dirty, my shit is dirty. We either clean-up our own respective messes, hide all of our messes, or air all of it out together.

Muhammad Rasheed - If he doesn't have to talk about it, then he is simply not.  Especially if the last one (if true) happened decades ago or something.

Muhammad Rasheed - Jeremy Travis wrote: "Also, that bit about not airing dirty laundry can't be true if he was airing the dirty laundry of other people."

They were airing their own dirty laundry and he was telling them to put it away; that they were making black people look bad.

Jeremy Travis - Oh, OK. Yeah, THAT makes sense. Leave it to the public to figure it all out on their own, and then blame the public for having to figure it out on their own.

Jeremy Travis - No, he wasn't telling then to put it away, hide it, keep it out of the public light. He said to clean it up. Meanwhile, he's got his own stinking pile of mess that he doesn't want anyone to talk about. That's bullshit.

Muhammad Rasheed - Jeremy Travis wrote: "Oh, OK. Yeah, THAT makes sense. Leave it to the public to figure it all out on their own, and then blame the public for having to figure it out on their own."

lol The public isn't going to figure it out on their own, they're going to gossip about what they think happened based on how they feel about him and parade it around as the truth.  And whether it was revealed that he actually did it or not they would still be like that.

Todd Holland - How is saying,my people need to do better dirty laundry...We've got Black kids out here thinking that doing well in school is "Acting White" that's a FACT,because I've worked with them for almost 12 years.Telling folks to "Pull up your pants,and try to look like something worth a damn,when you live in a country that judges you based on appearance isn't a crime.That's someone trying to HELP your ass. We're ready to side with the enemy against someone trying to help,which just proves us to be the damned idiots this place says we are. How many times are we going to co sign while they make Black men "The Face' of all societies ills?? Rape,Child abuse,Domestic violence,street crime,disease??? And if so,then don't get mad when we get blown away shopping in Wal mart or something,because our "Image" is in the damned toilet.

Muhammad Rasheed - Jeremy Travis wrote: "No, he wasn't telling then to put it away, hide it, keep it out of the public light. He said to clean it up."

If they would've hid it in the beginning, then we wouldn't know that what they had was dirty.

Jeremy Travis wrote: "Meanwhile, he's got his own stinking pile of mess that he doesn't want anyone to talk about. That's bullshit."

All we know for sure is that a very wealthy man is being accused by people who are not wealthy.

Jeremy Travis - The public will know when the women come out and tell it. If the statute of limitations has passed then what does he stand to lose but the same face that he's losing now? Say it didn't happen and move on, or confess and try to make amends. His silence his going to destroy him more than the allegations.

Muhammad Rasheed - Jeremy Travis wrote: "The public will know when the women come out and tell it."

The people will be aware of what was alleged.  Doesn't mean it was the truth.

Muhammad Rasheed - Jeremy Travis wrote: "His silence his going to destroy him more than the allegations."

I disagree.  Again look at Michael Jackson.  He made a public statement that he didn't do it and how did that work out for him?  In court they proved that all of the allegations were nonsense, but how did the public act?

I agree with Cosby's silence on that alone.

Todd Holland - That's NOT how that works..A confession is STILL a confession.And depending on if any legal "deals" were made,the POINT is that you don't talk about it.

Todd Holland - Besides,why "feed" the media,and these fuckers that SOOOO want him to be destroyed?? To give that butt hurt comedian his 15 minutes?? Hell, if Cosby never makes another dime hiis royalties from "The Cosby Show" alone will have him set.

Jeremy Travis - So what you're both saying is that we shouldn't give him shit over allegations that he won't dispel because he's trying to help people better themselves? The media and his accusers, not his actions, are making him the face of all of societies ills? Because he said 'pull your pants up', and the pants do need to be pulled up, we shouldn't worry about him being a rapist?

Muhammad Rasheed - No, I'm saying that he shouldn't say anything to the public if he doesn't want to.  Whether he did it or not, it doesn't matter.  The people have already made up their mind and, even before this, they decided they didn't like him anymore anyway because of his critique to the lower class.

I'm also saying don't bother EXPECTING him to say anything either, because he doesn't believe in that.

That's my piece.  Since I have no idea if he's a rapist or not, I don't have any commentary on that.

Jeremy Travis - Muhammad, you leave out the fact that Michael Jackson admitted to letting kids sleep with him in his bed, and that he made a settlement with the parents of one if the kids. THAT is what hurt him. Cosby has also made a settlement with one of his accusers, and admitted that he had an inappropriate relationship with her.

Jeremy Travis - I'll agree with you that he can keep quiet about it if he wants to, but then he should just stay out of the public eye since it's quite clear no one is willing to let it die. If we shouldn't expect him to talk about it, he shouldn't expect it to not be brought up.

Marilyn Oduenyi - The court of public opinion will always make its judgment with or without the facts. Cosby is under no obligation to plead his case to them. No one is.

Todd Holland - The ENTIRE reason Hannibal Buress brought that up was that he was butt hurt that Cosby told Black folks that we need to straighten up on some things..And the truth is even IF Cosby raped everyone of his accusers.He was RIGHT. We don't manage our image,we side with people that DON'T have our best interests at heart.We aren't  cognizant of how some of the shit we support is destroying us. And even if Bill Cosby is run of of town,jailed,or WHATEVER these folks are after he told the truth and the "HIT" dogs are hollering.

Muhammad Rasheed - Jeremy Travis wrote: "Muhammad, you leave out the fact that Michael Jackson admitted to letting kids sleep with him in his bed..."

His sister said he only said that for shock value.  The kids in court said that he always slept separately from them... let them have the bed while he slept on the floor, etc.

Jeremy Travis wrote: "...and that he made a settlement with the parents of one if the kids."

His attorneys advised him to settle the first case so that there wouldn't be a big media circus about it.  The famously shy MJ readily agreed.  When it backfired for literally the exact same reason you keep bringing it up, he regretted settling it, and was determined to fight the others to the end.

Jeremy Travis wrote: "THAT is what hurt him."

Wrong.  And you are foolish to think his career wasn't already damaged before Diane even asked that question.  People alleged it without proof and the public believed it because that's how the public is.

Jeremy Travis wrote: "Cosby has also made a settlement with one of his accusers..."

*shrug*

Jeremy Travis wrote: "...and admitted that he had an inappropriate relationship with her."

Did he?

Andre Moore - First of all they had a settlement. He paid her to make it go away and she took the money. So that means she didn't want him in jail and didn't think it was worth going to court. Anytime someone take the money I'm suspect. If someone did something to my child or wife or whatever I'm taking the bastard to court so it doesn't happen again. 2 if they did do a settlement I'm sure there is a gag order where neither party is suppose to speak of it or say anything about the other party.

Andre Moore - Everybody talking about Bill why the hell aint nobody talking about CELO Green that little dinobot drugged the girl and had the nerve to say it aint rape if the person isn't awake lol! that negro needs to be behind bars!!!!

Luther Johnson I've been a Cosby fan most of my life and I suppose that I belong to the group of black folks that generally agree with his 'get yourself together' comments.  I hate the way how many members of our community have turned their back on him.  I strongly believe that he DID NOT commit the crimes he's accused of.  However, if the allegations are true.....that will be the demise of one of my favorite comedic icons.  :(

Bill Murray - LET HIM WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE....WAIT....WHY IS EVERYONE WALKING AWAY?

Muhammad Rasheed -
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





















Muhammad Rasheed -



See Also:  The Court of Public Gossip

No comments:

Post a Comment