Sunday, July 1, 2018

Honoring the Deplorable



Ku Egenti - *Watching The Good, the Bad and the Ugly*

The Best Western Movie ever! Fight me.

Muhammad Rasheed - Agreed.

Scott Newman - Nah. I prefer The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Ku Egenti - Nope

Scott Newman - To each their own. I ain’t here to fight. I don’t hate The GB&U (not worth spelling out in my opinion, even though writing this explanation that I didn’t think it was worth spelling took far more time than just spelling out The Good, The Bad and The Ugly,) it just...isn’t great to me.

Ku Egenti - @Scott... I feel you sir..lol

Muhammad Rasheed - 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly' is like a western-themed superhero fantasy story, with over-the-top skilled gun fighters. I LOVE that.

By contrast, 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford' is one of those films that pretend to a faux-realism, while typically leaving out dominant problematic aspects of the historic record, like how murderously anti-Black racist Jesse James was. While watching it, I found myself fundamentally offended at the film makers' attempts to humanize the creature to court my viewer sympathy. They could've nuked that whole town from orbit for all of me.

Ku Egenti - @Muhammad... you did your homework today

Muhammad Rasheed - lol The film was competent enough in its execution to make me want to look up who Jesse James was after I saw it (a red flag went up in the beginning of the film when they were wearing their very KKK-like train robbery disguises). Once I discovered his true deplorable nature that the film conspicuously covered up, I was furious, and regretted watching the crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment