Saturday, June 13, 2015

Changing Minds


Riley Freeman[shared photo]



Riley Freeman – I fully agree.

Janine Rodenhiser - AGREE!

Muhammad Rasheed - Who did you kill, Riley?

Riley Freeman - Has this or has this not been an ongoing issue that never seems to cease?

Muhammad Rasheed - lol An ongoing issue with whom? I know certain folk like to use it as a weird kind of a defense whenever I get mad at racism-based killings, but what is it supposed to mean exactly?

It SEEMS like it's supposed to mean that only black people have homicides among their own communities, but that's retarded. They CAN'T mean that, can they?   :)

Riley Freeman - I'm not using it as a defense. And if you believe that I am, then I have to wonder why all black lives don't seem to matter. I don't just get mad at race based killings of black people. I get mad at the unnecessary loss of ANY black lives. I believe that sites that open promote what are no less than what I would call "Nigger fights" ands think they should be shut down. I refuse to post videos where black people are beating the shit out of other black people while others stand by taping worn their phones do that they can run and upload it for the world to see rather than trying to intervene and stop it. Do white people beat the shit out of each other and kill each other? Yes. Do I give a shit about them killing each other off? No. I care about MY people. Period.

Muhammad Rasheed - Riley Freeman wrote: “I'm not using it as a defense.”

Not you, the individuals among a certain race who get defensive about certain topics.

Riley Freeman wrote: “And if you believe that I am…”

No. You just seemed to buy in to that version of the narrative. I won’t know why until we have a discussion about it and you open up your thoughts.

Riley Freeman wrote: “…then I have to wonder why all black lives don't seem to matter.”

It’s just an illusion, based upon buying into that other guy’s misdirection attempt to take the spotlight off of his stuff.

Riley Freeman wrote: “I don't just get mad at race based killings of black people. I get mad at the unnecessary loss of ANY black lives.”

You’re implying that I only get mad when outsiders kill my own. There are three types of black homicides that I can see off the top of my head: 1) killings from white racists 2) killings from opportunistic criminals 3) killings from domestic crimes of passion. The second type of homicide is normal if you live in a poor community. In anybody’s poor community. When I lived in those communities, of COURSE I would get mad, but why would I treat it like it was a situation that ONLY the black poor dealt with? I would think that way if I was a racist and believed that blacks were inherently criminal minded. The number three category happens to people of all ethnic groups and races, no matter the socio-economic status. Ask Phil Hartman from SNL fame. The first category makes me angry because that creature is my natural predator who believes he knows me, but does not know me, and he attacks and kills me because of what he thinks he knows. He makes me furious because he is absolutely my enemy.

Riley Freeman wrote: “I believe that sites that open promote what are no less than what I would call ‘Nigger fights’ ands think they should be shut down.”

The low brow white poor watch their own version of the same thing with their “drunk hobo” fights. All races and ethnic groups have their ‘low culture’ class that like low life shit. I get more irritated at the implication that ONLY poor blacks do this stuff than I do at the material itself. 

Riley Freeman wrote: “I refuse to post videos where black people are beating the shit out of other black people while others stand by taping worn their phones do that they can run and upload it for the world to see rather than trying to intervene and stop it. Do white people beat the shit out of each other and kill each other? Yes. Do I give a shit about them killing each other off? No. I care about MY people. Period.”

And what will you do to change the mentality of the black poor’s low brow mentality? How would you fix such a thing? Something like that would require more than simply education, Riley. It would take a RADICAL form of indoctrination.

Riley Freeman - I do what I can sir. It may not be allot, but I will still try what I can. Like I said, I refuse to help share those videos because they hurt my heart and piss me off more than anything. When people on my friends list share them I ask them not to and tell them why. I talk to young black men when I get a chance to try to help at least get through to one. It ain't much, but is something. Every little penny in the jar counts.

Muhammad Rasheed - I certainly hope you plant some seeds that help them cultivate a new mindset.

Brandy Winkler - Well silly me, I think ALL lives matter. I dont agree with violence against any race. Just because I am white it does not mean that I only care about the lives of other white people and to say that I do would make me racist and that is where the hate begins

Muhammad Rasheed - My problem is with the people who say "AllLivesMatter," but when a young black teen is killed over a trivial or imaginary offense ("he looked threatening") they immediately begin conjuring reasons why it was "probably" necessary because of what the child "probably" did in the past because of the "all blacks are inherently criminals" stereotype.

Brandy Winkler - I agree with that

Riley Freeman - But Muhammad Rasheed, this post isn't about ALL lives mattering, it's about all BLACK lives mattering.

Brandy Winkler - But you Riley Freeman said that you only care about your people period. So you are saying that the other races dont matter to you.

Muhammad Rasheed - Riley Freeman wrote: "But Muhammad Rasheed, this post isn't about ALL lives mattering..."

I know, I was responding to Brandy's first sentence.

Muhammad Rasheed - Brandy Winkler wrote: "But you Riley Freeman said that you only care about your people period. So you are saying that the other races dont matter to you."

I interpreted that as meaning he's only responsible for his own people, not that he wants everyone else to die. lol

Brandy Winkler - We are all responsible for one another regardless of skin color. I am against violence to any race against any race. We need to stand together and stop the violence

Muhammad Rasheed - I hope you didn't think he meant that because he cares about his people, it automatically means he's declaring war against another? The "BlackLivesMatter" movement means that the Black American is protesting the mainstream institutions' callous disregard for Black Lives, demonstrated almost weekly.

Muhammad Rasheed - Brandy Winkler wrote: "We are all responsible for one another regardless of skin color. I am against violence to any race against any race. We need to stand together and stop the violence"

We do that by starting at home, Brandy. First we turn around and clean up the mess behind us. When we turn around and look at each other again, you'll find that the world is better, and we are now ready to work together to build an even better Peace.

Muhammad Rasheed - I cannot help you fix your historical mess, when my own house is messy, and you cannot come clean up my house, when your own house is messy. First we take care of our own houses. Then we come together and clean up the neighborhood.

First thing's first.

Riley Freeman - I'm saying that by Jews strengthening their community from within, they have prospered. Hispanics use community strength to come up. Same with Asians, people from the middle east ands so forth and so on. The black community used to have this kind of unity but have become splintered and distracted over the years. While black women did indeed have a dog in the fight for women's rights, they should have stayed the course for our own rights first. And to be honest we should not be at the head the fight for gay marriage when we aren't where we need to be ourselves. We need to strengthen and rebuild our community to be strong against those who transgress and plot against us. Because, as long as we stay splintered and divided, it makes it easier for predators to pick us off.

No comments:

Post a Comment