Friday, May 29, 2015

Purposely Planting the Seeds of War



Basically, CNN is saying that rape is bad, but why do woman have to dress provocatively.
Idiots.

Muhammad Rasheed - “The N-word gets treated the same way that depictions of Muhammad does,” Cuomo said. “We don’t say it because it’s offensive, not because legally I can’t.”

This is 100% correct.

Muhammad Rasheed - “You’re saying no cartoons — that to me is so much more destructive to a free society than alcohol,” she said.

He's not saying "no cartoons;" he's saying what's the point of making these cartoons if all they do is antagonize and offend people? What's the point of a movement designed solely to offend people? You HAVE the right to free speech. But what's the point using it in THIS way? 

Why not use it for something constructive, that will actually help improve the nation or something?

Bar Barian - She has the right to be a braying jackass, you have the right to call her on it.

Gerald Welch - But no one has the right to attack her, much less try to kill her.

Muhammad Rasheed - You're right. No one has the right to murder you for deliberately antagonizing them to a murderous fury. That's exactly right. You 100% have the right to stomp all over someone's sacred belief system, and patriotic symbols like flag burning, etc. The authorities have even determined you are allowed to strut around with loaded assault rifles into other peoples' neighborhoods. You can do it all you want to.

But why would you choose to? What's the point? So you have an excuse to go to war when they get fed up with the over-the-top levels of disrespect?

Gerald Welch - There is that argument again. The woman was raped, it was wrong, but WHY WAS SHE DRESSED SO PROVOCATIVELY?

Sorry, but there is no excuse for attempted murder no matter how you dress it up.

I thought you weren't following any non-Legacy Book Series posts?

Muhammad Rasheed - Gerald Welch wrote: "There is that argument again. The woman was raped, it was wrong, but WHY WAS SHE DRESSED SO PROVOCATIVELY?"

That's not the argument. I'm actually probing into why you want to antagonize people. You're not answering. If you know drawing this image offends people, why make a big publicized political show of doing it? And why do you sign off on it? Why DON'T you use the 'n-word?'

Gerald Welch wrote: "Sorry, but there is no excuse for attempted murder no matter how you dress it up."

I didn't dress up anything. I 100% agree that no one has the right to murder you just because you deliberately and willfully disrespected them. Nobody does.

Gerald Welch wrote: "I thought you weren't following any non-Legacy Book Series posts?"

???

Based on what?

Gerald Welch - Based on you telling me that you got too upset last time and therefore would only be reading my posts if they were related to Legacy.

Your question is flawed. If you believe that people have to figure out if anyone can possibly be offended before you say or, gasp...DRAW something (partial nudity in comics, for instance) then you're missing the point of freedom of speech.

I have a question for you; it's not only Mohammed that isn't supposed to be depicted, it's any prophet, right? So why isn't Islam upset about statues and paintings of Jesus?

Bar Barian - I would also have no issue with a group of muslims or atheists getting together to rag on the xtian extremists and feature a showing of the Piss Christ, although I wouldn't go to it, I find it offensive. I'm not even a xtian. Part of the price of living in America is tolerating views you find offensive, even hateful and in poor taste. It's not for everyone, some people cannot live in that kind of society and should not venture here.

Muhammad Rasheed - Gerald Welch wrote: "Based on you telling me that you got too upset last time and therefore would only be reading my posts if they were related to Legacy."

I don't remember saying that. Was that an inference?

Gerald Welch wrote: "Your question is flawed. If you believe that people have to figure out if anyone can possibly be offended..."

This is intellectually dishonest. What rational American adult isn't aware that nonbelievers drawing filthy cartoons of the Islamic founder prophet are offensive to Muslims? 

Gerald Welch wrote: "...before you say or, gasp...DRAW something (partial nudity in comics, for instance) then you're missing the point of freedom of speech."

If I draw or say something that I didn't know/intend to be offensive, I will apologize and stop it unless I'm deliberately trying to antagonize the person for inherently hostile reasons. 

Gerald Welch wrote: "I have a question for you; it's not only Mohammed that isn't supposed to be depicted, it's any prophet, right? So why isn't Islam upset about statues and paintings of Jesus?"

Because those are the sacred relics of your own belief systems. When you draw Muhammad, are you creating a religious relic as part of your religion? No. You're literally attacking me. You obviously didn't think that question through.

Muhammad Rasheed - Bar Barian wrote: "Part of the price of living in America is tolerating views you find offensive..."

This is a logical and common sense viewpoint. It SHOULD go without saying that the kind of person who will get upset enough to actually try to kill you for drawing a cartoon isn't logical nor operating out of common sense.

Muhammad Rasheed - How do you feel when I get so upset over those white cop killings that I treat all of you like you will lynch-me-by-cop at any moment? It's not fair, right? "Not All White People," right? 

I'm a Muslim. Even though I absolutely get offended at those cartoons, I would never try to kill you over it. That's psychotic. And I'm not 'different' or a special Muslim of some kind either. Stop listening to Glenn Beck and them.

No comments:

Post a Comment