Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Did You Really Try to Fight It?


Muhammad Rasheed - Listen, I KNOW you didn’t start the fire. You want me to place all the blame and all my anger towards the long dead generations that first kindled it. You also want me to look the other way while you get snug-as-a-bug in their legacy cottage they left you while continuing to fan the flames (albeit not as vigorously as they used to fan them), pretending I’m not getting scorched and that it isn’t really hot.

I don’t want you to give up your damn cabin. I really don’t. What I want is for you to get out of my way, and stop trying to keep me from toppling over the old rusty barriers to me building my own. Move over. There’s plenty of room.

Do you think that it will somehow be less snug & comfy in there with the knowledge that I have my own cabin that’s just as good or better? Is the exclusive selfishness of the whole thing one of the materials used to build your ancestral home? Is that the heart of it? That you not only don’t want me in there with you – making the property values artificially plummet – but you don’t want me to have one at all?

If this is how you feel, then you need to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment